Wednesday, April 20, 2005

4:20 or is it 4/20?

I'm not sure how we get on these subjects at work but during one of our e-mail conversations a couple of days ago (which, I swear, started out work related), the subject turned to the fact that in a couple of days it would be 4/20. One of the girls said that her doper girlfriend got married on 4/20.

I gave the group a big, "Huh?" and was given a brief history of the relationship between 4:20 p.m. and smoking pot. I guess all the people I ever knew who smoked pot had no particular time preference for indulging because I had never heard of this.

Here is another interesting link with includes a menu at a Coffee Shop in Amsterdam for all kinds of marijuana.

For some reason, this post is giving me the munchies. I wonder if Jack-In-The-Box is still open. Where did I hide those Twinkies?

NOTE: Ironically, the link to the 4:20 reference isn't working this morning. Somehow, I feel we shouldn't be surprised. You know how crazy those stoners can be. I'm sure someone's blowing dope into the server as we speak and giggling their asses off.

9 comments:

sleepybomb said...

girl you are too funny, i just ate some zat's bagged gumbo and this post gave me the munchies. i forgot about high times, i was a subscriber in my wicked youth, and those pics just make my mouth dry.
i think the internet has really propogated the 420 thingy, but it is still fun to say it in a crowd and see who turns.

Carol Davidson said...

I couldn't get the link to load for some reason, so little ol' naive me is still in the dark on the 420 thing. Oh well. At least I'll have something to learn tomorrow.

Rik said...

I'll be in Amsterdam in 2 weeks! Woo-Hoo!

Rik

Laurie said...

Sleepybomg - mmmmm, gumbo...that link to High Times cracked me up. I had no idea it was still around.

Abby - I swear the link was working last night. I can't get it to work this morning either. I guess we shouldn't expect efficiency out of a site dedicated to ganja.

Rik - You behave now, you hear. :)

Laurie said...

I almost typed Sleepybong. Hee hee, that's funny.

Lorna said...

for some reason, it still smells like 4/20 here....

Anonymous said...

I followed your link all the way to a pot seed store in Vancouver, B.C. Why are you so nice to me?

Laurie said...

Lorna - puff, puff,pass...

Old Horsetail - Never reveal your sources!

sleepybomb said...

sleepybong, i like it . . . silly freudian slips. i think i'll use it on those days when i am feeling 420.