Sunday, November 07, 2004

Close Encounter of the Eighth Kind

The other night I got out of bed to go to the restroom. When I was walking back to my bed, I caught a glimpse of something glowing eerily in my room to my left. I freaked out for a second and then realized I was wearing the t-shirt I bought in Roswell with the glow-in-the dark alien face on it and I was seeing the reflection in my dresser mirror. When I had turned the light on in the bathroom, it had re-activated the glow-in-the dark paint on the shirt. Scared the crap out of me.

8 comments:

hatteraspainter said...

Have you ever owned an animal? Some years ago I purchased a dog (since murdered by a motorcyclist) who would go nuts whenever I entered the house. One evening when I came home I heard noises upstairs sounding like someone scurrying to get out of the house. So naturally I being Mr. Macho thought Robbers! I ran next door to the neighbors house and called the police. It was truly a most memorial moment as they found the dog flopping about the kitchen amongst pots and pans he somehow pulled out of the cabinets. (sigh) The capital "L" on my forehead is for LOOSER...

Laurie said...

Hattaraspainter, I know you have lots of stories. I keep checking out your blog and it's still forlornly empty.

Laurie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laurie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hatteraspainter said...

I think I understand, and I'll keep it mind. As I've said my blog is only so I could post on other's blogsites. Thanks for your hospitality you're blogs are fun to read.

Laurie said...

Your comments are fun, too!

Lorna said...

Hattaraspainter, I know you have lots of stories. I keep checking out your blog and it's still forlornly empty.

Just kidding, although I think it would be only fair to give us a chance to comment on your profound or inane thoughts too

Laurie, did I mention you live my dream life?

Laurie said...

The "comments" I deleted were duplicate responses generated by Blogger. Just doing a little housekeeping.