Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Why?



I don't watch sports on television much. I think sporting events make nice background noises for a good nap, especially golf and baseball, but that's about it. Recently, I've been in the vicinity of televisions which had football games playing on them with no couches available for my napping pleasure.

I don't care how good or bad the game is, I come away with one thought that I can't get out of my head for days:

What is preventing every quarterback, from high school to the NFL, from contracting a bad case of hoof and mouth disease? Stop licking your fingers! It's disgusting! Your mothers must be having little tiny heart attacks every time they see you stick your fingers in your mouths. Stop it. If not for me, do it for mom.

12 comments:

Leon said...

i dont watch football much.. just about the same as you probably..

umm.. but yeah, that looks pretty nasty, considering all the crap that goes through their fingers.

Laurie said...

Leon - Nasty, nasty, nasty.

Mommy said...

Ewww. They lick their fingers after having their hands under the "taint" areas of the guy who snaps the ball. Disgusting. :p

George said...

Oh, Jen . . . yuck!

Laurie . . . should've seen my daughter's high school basketball team. Lick their fingers, rub 'em across the bottoms of their shoes, play some, lick their fingers, rub 'em . . . well, you get the picture. And, hey, let's share water bottles while we're at it!

Laurie said...

Jen - Yes! Gross!!

George - Oh, no! YUCK!!

Inca From Peru said...

Supposedly, it helps their grip. Don't ask.

Anyway, this is nothing compared to the baseball players who whiz on their hands (intentionally) to toughen the skin.

Nice.

Laurie said...

Inca - No way!!!!!!!!! I never heard of that in my life!! ((shiver))

Anonymous said...

There is no telling where those fingers have been. That is just down right nasty! Ew!

LoryKC said...

Ewwww--Inca, is that true?!?!?

Yes, my hubbie says it helps football players get a better grip (the licking the hands, not Inca's claim) but for me it's yet another reason not to sit and watch. I spend enough of my day telling my kids to wash your hands, put that down, throw that away, and my daily mantra: for the love of Pete, why can't you use a tissue to worry about why professional athletes do the things that they do!

Laurie said...

Kimmy - Blech!

Lory KC - No kidding!

Adela said...

It seems you've struck a nerve, Laurie!

And Ewwww!

Laurie said...

Adela - You'll never watch a football game in the same way again.