- My doctor called and said I'm about 2 years past due for my yearly checkup.
- I have a tooth which is bothering me for attention, which I choose to ignore.
- I took my car in for an oil change and told the mechanic to go ahead with the 30,000 mile recommended maintenance.
- I still haven't replaced my glass storm door which came apart in my hands about 6 months ago.
- I have a mouse in my house.
When I feel like the world is being unkind to me, I pay a little visit to a place I like to call Amazon.com. The above list is comprised of things which aren't tragic by any means, but they all cost me money. Ergo, I must spend a proportionally (about 10%) smaller amount on stuff, just because.
My shopping list last night:
- "The Book of Bunny Suicides" Andy Riley; Paperback; $8.00
- "The Nasty Bits: Collected Varietal Cuts, Usable Trim, Scraps, and Bones" Anthony Bourdain; Paperback; $10.17
- "A Charlie Brown Christmas: The Original Sound Track Recording Of The CBS Television Special" Vince Guaraldi Trio; Audio CD; $9.47
- "MTV Unplugged in New York" Nirvana; Audio CD; $8.99
- "Bullet In A Bible (CD/DVD, Jewel Case)" Green Day; DVD and Audio CD
- "Half the Perfect World" Madeleine Peyroux; Audio CD; $13.99
- "Possible Side Effects" Augusten Burroughs; Hardcover; $2.00
Just because: Lorna told me to buy Bunny Suicides, I lust for Anthony Bourdain, what's not to like about Charlie Brown and Christmas, Nirvana rocks my world, Green Day punks my world, Madeleine Peyroux is smoooooth and I've run across Augusten Burroughs mentions three times in the last four days...that's a sign.