Whenever I order a pizza, which is usually on a Sunday afternoon, I do it online because, not only am I too lazy to cook, I'm too lazy to dial the phone. When I order online, there's a little place there to add the tip. No matter what I order, I add $5 for the tip.
I do this for several reasons:
- Typing $1 or $2 or $3 into the little tip window seems so cheap
- The difference between a tip of $1 and $5 is a drop in the bucket of my wasteful spending
- The difference between a tip of $1 and $5 is huge to a pizza delivery guy
- The pizza guy works under hazardous conditions and pay for their own gas and car repairs
- My pizza seems to get here really, really fast
From Tip the Pizza Guy.com:
Pizza delivery is considered a hazardous job by the US government. They are third most likely to be murdered on the job, right after police officer and taxi driver.
Think about that the next time you order a pizza and remember that somebody's kid or brother or sister is going to deliver that pizza and the more you tip them, the better the weed they can buy.