Sunday, January 13, 2008

I'm Very Popular...With the Pizza Dudes


Whenever I order a pizza, which is usually on a Sunday afternoon, I do it online because, not only am I too lazy to cook, I'm too lazy to dial the phone. When I order online, there's a little place there to add the tip. No matter what I order, I add $5 for the tip.

I do this for several reasons:
  • Typing $1 or $2 or $3 into the little tip window seems so cheap
  • The difference between a tip of $1 and $5 is a drop in the bucket of my wasteful spending
  • The difference between a tip of $1 and $5 is huge to a pizza delivery guy
  • The pizza guy works under hazardous conditions and pay for their own gas and car repairs
  • My pizza seems to get here really, really fast

From Tip the Pizza Guy.com:

Pizza delivery is considered a hazardous job by the US government. They are third most likely to be murdered on the job, right after police officer and taxi driver.

Think about that the next time you order a pizza and remember that somebody's kid or brother or sister is going to deliver that pizza and the more you tip them, the better the weed they can buy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO at your "punchline". You nailed it.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Ho ho har de har har. Very funny, kiddo.

TexasGal said...

Crap-ola! I delivered Pizza when I was in college. I should have asked for hazardous duty pay!

Anonymous said...

I have a funny pizza delivery story!

Once my middle son (16) and his friends decided to order a pizza, and freak out the delivery guy by having the chubby dude of the group strip to his BVD's and wear a sombrero as he answered the door, while blasting "Sexual Healing" from the stereo.

Imagine my sons embarrassment when his BROTHER the pizza delivery guy showed up with their order... how do you forget about something like THAT?

Yes, pizza dudes have interesting jobs and deserve all the tips they can get.

Laurie said...

Sophmom - :)

Old Horsetail - :)

Texas Gal - Yeah!

Jaded - HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I always tried to tip the delivery guy well, too. Especially at our place in West Virginia - he had to come down and go back up 48 steps to get to our house. Sometimes we had to stand there and wave the money to keep him from giving up. Now, we live in the boonies and they won't even deliver stuff to us. We have to go and get it ourselves.

Rebecca Hickman said...

I'm going to forward this to my brother. Great post!

Laurie said...

Leslie - I wish I could get Chinese food delivered.

40 Forever - Thanks. :)