Sunday, January 27, 2008

Two Little Coincidences from Friday Night

You all know I'm a sucker for coincidences. After a pretty stressful drive to Louisiana and then sitting in traffic for about an hour fifteen miles or so outside of Baton Rouge, the traffic finally began to move. As the traffic began to move, the song playing on the radio was "I Can See Clearly Now" and the lyric when I passed the wreckers..."I can see all obstacles in my way."

That's weird, but I didn't give it much thought. I just gave it a chuckle.

About ten minutes later, I took my exit and had to find Morning GLORY Avenue. As I was trying to read each street sign without getting rear ended on the wet roads, the song "GLORY Days" came on.

Weird. Right?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's like God was playing a soundtrack for your life!

Anonymous said...

okay, those are two weird coincidences, aren't they? I'll sometimes hear one song that seems appropriate at the time, but two?

Alyson | New England Living said...

I love that kind of stuff!

George said...

Anonymous must think you're feeling lucky . . . apply before your luck changes!

Laurie said...

Leslie - That happens to me a lot.

Kacey - I know. It's weird!

Alyson - Me, too. :)

George - He was a nasty old spammer. I took care of his spamming @$$.

LoneStarLass said...

I'll give you one more weird coincidence - when Joe was on his way in from work Thursday morning, he turns on his radio, and it's "Sweet Child of Mine", their father-daughter dance song at the wedding.

It is spooky wonderful being in sync with the universe.

Laurie said...

Lone Star Lass (Jen's mom) - Wow! I love that stuff. I don't know if I told you, but that was my son and my wedding dance, too. :)

LoneStarLass said...

That's a great song for a parent-child dance. I guess more people don't think of it, especially the Guns 'N Roses version. Joe had a lot of guests tell him they thought it was great. They didn't know Jennifer chose it because she thought he wouldn't cry if he had to dance to it!

Laurie said...

Lone Star Lass - I also chose it so people wouldn't cry. :)