Wednesday, January 16, 2008

MOUSE!

I was sitting on the couch a little while ago when I saw something appear out of nowhere on the wall by my stairs, kind of scale the wall about 3 inches off the ground and dart behind one of my CD racks next to my woofer beside my television.

I AM FREAKING OUT!!!!!!


I guess it was a mouse but it moved more smoothly than a mouse and, I swear, it was moving on the wall and not the floor. It was about three or four inches long and about two inches wide but shaped more like a flat, black pear.

TYPING THIS IS FREAKING ME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I grabbed my flashlight and a broom and banged all of my furniture on that wall, but nothing moved. I don't know what I would have done if something had come out. My plan was to kind of shoo it out the door while screaming like a banshee.

GOTTTTTTDDDDDDAMMMMMIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!


Now, I have every light in the house on and, like a scared 2 year old. I won't go anywhere without my broom. What am I going to do?

I have to move.

Edited to add:
I called my exterminator this morning. (Yes, I have an exterminator. I don't have a doctor, but I do have an exterminator. Does that surprise you? It shouldn't.) They're coming to my house at noon tomorrow and it's only going to cost me an additional $45 above my regular quarterly debugging. Little do they know, I was prepared to pay four times that. Don't tell.

21 comments:

Rebecca Hickman said...

You poor thing. At least it's not a rat. If you lived closer, I'd send my husband over to kill it.
Hang in there, and remember that you are bigger than him.

George said...

Show it that B&W high school photo!

Miss Cellania said...

No, you don't need to move, you need to get a CAT! The cat doesn't even have to be a good mouser. The mice will leave if a cat is around.

Anonymous said...

Well, they make these sonic repellers that emit a sound that mice hate. How high can you squeal?

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

My new BF has a house in the country. Nothing around for miles but corn fields...and mice that need a warm place to stay when snow falls. I haven't seen a live one, but I did awake after he'd gone to work, and scream, "there's a mouse as big as a cat in this trap!!!" one morning.

We shall stay in my home, or I'll bring my cat with me to his place, from here on out.

Larry Jones said...

This is a good thing. You should learn to always have a broom handy anyway, just in case.

Laurie said...

40 Forever - The fact that I'm bigger than him means nothing at all to me. Thanks for the offer of your husband. :)

George - Of you? ;P

Miss Cellania - I thought about a cat, but my son has a dog and there's the new grandfabulous baby and litter boxes and scratched up furniture and cats climbing on kitchen counters and cat fur and my daughter-in-law is allergic...

Leslie - I broke some sound barriers when I saw that little fucker last night, I tell you what.

Gnight Girl - I'm calling an exterminator today. I cannot do traps. I just can't do it.

Larry - I need a gun so I can shoot the little bastard.

Leon said...

i have kept and keep scorpions, tarantulas, snakes, spiders, mice, rats.. as pets in my house..

and i'll tell you one thing Miss New Orleans...

mice dont walk on walls...
you wanna know what does?
tarantulas! and sometimes are bigger than mice..

i hope you keep that in your mind all day and while you sleep..

hehehehe :D

see you around
(i was feeling evil today)

Leon said...

and yeah.. tarantulas have a "smoother" movement than mice...

Anonymous said...

It always concerns me when I scream like a banshee and none of my neighbors respond. I pray that I'm never attacked by an axe murderer, because I'll be S.O.L.

I hope your exterminator kicks some mouse ass!

Laurie said...

Leon - DAMMIT, Leon!

Leon (Part 2) - I am coming down to Mexico to kick your ass. Sleep on that!

Jaded - I know and I live in a townhouse! You would think the karaoke alone would have the neighbors banging on my door or at least calling 911.

Leon said...

hehehehe.. i'd like to see you try.. ;)

Laurie said...

Leon - "i have kept and keep scorpions, tarantulas, snakes, spiders, mice, rats.. as pets in my house..."

Don't hold your breath. :)

Anonymous said...

Baby Sis:

Hey if my dog eats spiders may he can get rid of this thing. I've seen, and helped him, fight a 'possum. He also has a knack at rats. If he gets sick you pay the vet. Deal?

Laurie said...

Baby Sis - While I'm sure it would be quite entertaining to watch your larger than average cocker spaniel tear from one end of my house to the other chasing the bastard mouse, like the squirrel scene in Christmas vacation, I think I'll pass.

Zina said...

Ok I read your entries out of order. I thought you didn't seem scared enough by the last entry. But OK here's the fear.....

Laurie said...

Zina - Maybe it's a family thing, but I won't hardly go downstairs now (not that it couldn't easily climb my stairs) and I won't go ANYWHERE without my trusty broom. :)

TexasGal said...

I'm right there with ya! They give me the heebie jeebies! Them and snakes...mice, snakes and lizards. Mice, rats, snakes and lizards - creep me out!

Laurie said...

Texas Gal - I have a very long list, too.

Grimm said...

When I scream like a banshee - it usually has something to do with someone flushing the toilet when I am in the shower.

We've been pretty lucky, we have alot of spiders but no mice. I think the 157 cats we have outside take care of that.

Laurie said...

Grimm - I'm not crazy about spiders either. They're easier to kill though.