Saturday, January 12, 2008

My good deed for today

My sister and I went to a Mexican restaurant today for lunch. While we were sitting there, a young boy, about 7 or 8 years old, walked past our table on his way to the restroom. From where we were sitting, we saw him reach the alcove where the restrooms were and stop in his tracks.

We could only see a side view of the back of his head as he stood there. We decided that the poor boy must be confused about which restroom to go into. I told my sister I would pretend like I was going to the restroom, too, and point him in the right direction.

When I got to the restroom alcove, this is what I saw:



There were no pictures on the doors of any kind. I looked at the little boy and he looked up at me with saucer-like eyes which said everything. No words were necessary. I smiled at him and pointed to the door marked Senor and he rushed in. Some days I feel more useful than others.

Here are some restroom signs from around the world (click here for more):








6 comments:

Mommy said...

Love those signs. :)

You're very helpful to me every day. :)

Anonymous said...

I guess the kiddos around here need to brush up on their Spanish, otherwise they are going to end up in the wrong bathroom.

Nice, isn't it...

Geez

Laurie said...

Jen - And you, to me. :)

Kimmy - Crazy!

TexasGal said...

At Willie's Ice House over on Hwy 6near FM 529 in the West Houston/Copperfield Area the inside of the ladies room door has "Guys" painted on it. Freaked me out everytime! No matter how many times I saw it it still made me jump!

Anonymous said...

I love the last set with the pizza. Too funny!

Laurie said...

Texas Gal - Hahahaha!!! That would freak me out, too!

Leslie - I would have trouble figuring out the pizza one, I think.