Monday, May 09, 2005

Robert Plant on David Letterman

I planned to be in bed long ago but when I heard Robert Plant was going to be on Letterman, I had to stay up.

I think it's impossible to compare rock groups and I could never pick a favorite between The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin, though people are always asking each other those sorts of questions. It would be like trying to compare REM to Nirvana to the Red Hot Chili Peppers. It can't be done. All that being said, I lean ever so slightly toward Led Zeppelin if I were forced to pick between them and the Stones and the Beatles.

I'm still awake 30 minutes after Letterman ended because I'm a little depressed. When did Robert Plant start looking like Gene Wilder? I don't know if watching my DVD of The Song Remains the Same will make me feel better or worse.

To quote D'yer M'ker: Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh...

2 comments:

Deek Deekster said...

Plant is a slag!

Laurie said...

Deek - I had to look up "slag":

Slag: A slutty male. A man always out looking for sex. (American men seem to be proud to call themselves "Pimps" and "Playas," But if you call a man in the UK a slag he'll be highly offended, and deny it.)

It sounds better when YOU say it though.