Thursday, January 05, 2006

Trend Micro Pc-Cillin, Roadrunner and Internet Connection

For a couple of days I lost my internet connection. I called Roadrunner and the support person had me turn off my virus protection (Trend Micro Pc-Cillin). After I did that, I got my internet connection back. However, every time I restarted my virus protection software, I lost my internet connection.

I tried to contact Trend Micro but couldn't find a phone number so I sent them an e-mail but never got a reply. I uninstalled my Pc-cillin and reinstalled it and now everything is fine.

The reason for this post is so that, if anyone has the same problem and does an internet search (like I did a thousand times), this might help them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had that same problem using Panda Antivirus and ended up having to stop using it, even though I'd paid for it.

Laurie said...

Jafer - That was my fear, too. But, so far, it's okay.

Ed said...

I have never used any virus protection software because it all seems just as bad as the actual viruses themselves. Plus they are reactionary programs which don't do you any good. I just practice safe computing and have never gotten any viruses.

Laurie said...

Ed - I was freaking out every second I was on the internet without protection. Good luck!