Thursday, January 26, 2006

More Guilty Pleasures

Last month, I posted some guilty pleasures. I have collected another gaggle of guilt.

Food and Drink
Starbucks Caramel Macchiato
Snickers
Mardi Gras King Cake
Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls
Monte Cristo sandwich (Battered and deep fried ham and cheese sandwich served with raspberry jam and french fries)

Music - Performers
Axl Rose
Slash
Tommy Lee
Beastie Boys
Wham
Boy George
Spandau Ballet
Meatloaf (the singer, not the food)
Dr. Hook
Captain and Tenille
Monkees
Hanson
Glen Campbell

Music - Songs
Muskrat Love
Who Let the Dogs Out?
These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
Harper Valley PTA

Video Games (based on cumulative hours of my life wasted)Tetris
Diner Dash
Civilization
Collapse
Sims (actually Sim anything)

At the Movies
Bad science fiction movies made before 1960
Kung Fu movies
1970’s cop movies
My Name is Nobody movies
Bruce Willis in Moonlighting
Tom Hanks in Bachelor Party
Bruce Willis in Blind Date
Tom Hanks in The Money Pit

8 comments:

Mommy said...

Axl, Slash, and Muskrat Love I understand... but Tetris???

I am proud to be a Tetris fiend. :) No guilt in it at all! Well, unless there's a bottle of vodka, plastic sheets, and chocolate syrup. Then you could feel guilty. But not so much about the Tetris. :)

Lorna said...

Oooooh, you sure know how to live, but just get it over with and love these things in the open---especially MeatLoaf. Just put on one of those big-ass motorcycle-loving CDs, crank up the bass and see how fast your vacuuming gets done

Laurie said...

Jen - It's not the game itself as much as the time I've spent playing it. I'm an addict.

Ed said...

I get to share a Mardi Gras King Cake with my parents every year sent up by my brother via the mail. In the four years I have partaken of it, I have not once gotten the baby.

cindybindy said...

Ah, the Monte Cristo sandwich. Who in the hell thought to batter and deep fry a sandwich, sprinkle it with powdered sugar and serve it with rasberry jam? They were an evil genius. Axel Rose and "Sweet Child of Mine" still touches a chord in my "I want a younger doper rock star" heart. Just think how boring we would be without our guilty pleasures.

Laurie said...

Ed - One of the girls at the office made a home-made King Cake and it was heaven on a plate.

Cindy - Sweet Child of Mine was the song I chose for my son and I to dance at his wedding. We used the Sheryl Crow version.

Renee said...

My God! I could have written this post myself! Cool blog you have!:)

Laurie said...

Renee - I just looked at your blog and we share a lot of the same likes and dislikes. Weird.