Monday, November 13, 2006

They Got Me Again


Last Monday, I was enjoying one of my favorite new shows this season, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip when I suddenly became filled with a feeling of dread. It was an intense episode with John Goodman and emotional performances by everyone on the cast.

At about 9:45 p.m., I glanced at the clock and wondered, "Wow, how are they going to wrap this up in 15 minutes?"

At 9:50 p.m., I thought, "Man, I've seen CSI pull a twist in the last minute and a half of an episode but, I don't see that happening here."

At 9:55 p.m., reality began to sink in and my denial began to fade.

At 9:58 p.m., my heart sank as the dreaded words appeared on the screen...

To Be Continued

12 comments:

Larry said...

This kind of thing really chaps me. I watch so little TV that when I finally allow myself to get sucked in, it seems the least they could do is let me have a little closure, for God's sake. Because no matter how intense and exciting the show is, I'll probaly forget to turn on Part Two.

Larry Jones said...

Sorry - the above comment was me. Didn't mean to be anonymous...

Anonymous said...

Did you see the conclusion tonight? Great episode. I LOVE this show and would hate to miss an episode.h

Laurie said...

Larry - In the old days, they used to warn you that it was a multiple part episode. Now, they just suck you in before it's too late. Sometimes it's even three or four parts. There are programs I like that I don't watch anymore because I'm so lost after missing a couple of episodes.

Allen - It was great! John Goodman and Steven Weber were terrific.

Anonymous said...

Yeah. I think this show has gotten stronger as the season progressed. The bad news is that I drifted off a bit at the end last night. I am pathetic.

Laurie said...

Sophmom - I hope you got to see Steven Weber's meltdown. It was amazing.

La Sirena said...

It was a great episode -- I like how the legal issues were resolved.

They seem to be following a pattern of 4 episodes = 1 week of TV time show production.

Laurie said...

La Sirena - I hadn't noticed the pattern. I need to pay more attention.

Lorna said...

This is the smartest, funniest show anywhere, and they're canning ité1 I'm still in shock. I luuuuuurve it!

Laurie said...

Lorna - Last I heard they decided to renew it. I'm going to check again.

Anonymous said...

Nah. Slept through that, dang it. The good news is that they will surely give me another chance.

Laurie said...

Sophmom - Even with DVR/TIVO, I wish the networks would rerun their shows like the cable networks do.