Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Hoodia Post


I’m on the 10-Day Green Tea Hoodia diet courtesy of a lovely display at CVS and on a co-worker’s recommendation. The feeling I get after taking a capsule is sort of like the delightful buzz I get when I down a Monster energy drink while I’m on steroids when my shoulder is bothering me.

Yesterday morning at about 10:00 a.m., when I felt like my head was going to spin off my shoulders, I realized I drank a Starbucks double shot espresso before I took the Hoodia capsule. Let’s do the math, shall we? Green Tea Hoodia has 150 mg of “natural” caffeine. Starbucks double shot espresso has 120 mg of caffeine. That’s 270 mg of caffeine consumed in a twenty minute timeframe by one little 140 pound woman. One cup of strong coffee has about 60 mg of caffeine. Can you say wacky on the junk?

I started feeling somewhat normal around 1:00 p.m. and took another Hoodia. Other than feeling pretty peppy and having the sensation that my eyes were open really wide, I felt fairly normal. Even if I don’t lose any weight, I’m enjoying the buzz. Who knows, I might actually clean out those damn closets this weekend.

5 comments:

Peter said...

Can you say come down off the roof Laurie?

Mommy said...

For some reason, when I hear the word "Hoodia" I want to sing "Hoo hoo hoodia" to the tune of the Phil Collins song, "Sussudio."

Yes, I am a strange person, but I make for entertaining conversation and drinking games.

TexasGal said...

Makes me want to sing "Who do ya love?"

140lbs...nothing wrong with that. Go have a margarita it's Friday. Heck with the diet.

Anonymous said...

Texasgal knows what she's talking about! Hoodia wanna drink margaritas with??? Poodles

Laurie said...

Peter - But the view is so lovely from up here.

Jen - You are always entertaining.

Texas Gal - I'm trying to anticipate the Christmas Party season alcohol/fool poundage.

Poodles - Hoodia - hooooooo!