Monday, July 17, 2006

Blog Me

I'm not sure how it happened but, at some point, I came across the blog of a lady who lives in Southern California who writes about all sorts of interesting things: travel, raising a daughter, the lifestyle of some of her entertainment industry friends, working for Johnny Carson.

She's a much more socially active blogger than I am and she participates in conventions and things like that. You didn't even know there were such things as blogger conventions did you? In a few weeks, there is going to be a BlogHer Convention. Donna sent me the following interview which I am happy to complete for her.

BlogMe

When did you start blogging and why?
I’m that person in the office that people have always gone to when they need the funny birthday song or clever e-mail or witty office skit and I always enjoyed when people laughed at the things I wrote. A friend of mine had a blog and I saw an opportunity to bore a wider audience with my inane thoughts.

How do you use blogging to build friendships?
Something about the way a person writes or something a person sees in my writing just clicks sometimes. It isn’t a conscious effort.

What don’t you write about? Anything considered a no-no in your book?
I don’t usually write about the two biggies: religion and politics. If I do, it’s in a self-examination sort of way.

How do you feel about meeting bloggers in real life?I’ve only met a few and it was always enjoyable. However, it's difficult for me to transfer everything I know about their personality from reading their writing to the actual physical person standing in front of me. I know so much about them from their posts and then, when I meet them in person, there's an awkwardness for me that I never expect.

What is your favorite thing that you wrote? What got a strong reaction from readers? Links please?Oddly enough, I would say the strongest reaction I got to a post was when I was considering buying a Vespa.

My favorite posts at the moment are the greeting cards post and the bumper stickers I created.


In general, though, I would have to say my readers seem to prefer my weird big-ass animal posts.
Have you written anything controversial? Is blogging controversial?I’ve never written anything intentionally controversial. I’m sure I’ve written posts that my readers disagree with or have shocked some people. However, if they do disagree or find anything controversial, they evidently don’t comment on those posts.

I don't know that I would say blogging itself is controversial but it certainly can be in the keyboards of some bloggers.
Are you and your blogging persona the same person?
Yes. My ego won’t allow me to be anonymous and there is no room in my brain for additional personas (personi?). For better or worse, if I wrote it, you're going to know it came from me.

If you had a super power, what would it be?
That would definitely be invisibility. Oh, the mischief I would cause.

8 comments:

Donna said...

This is a great BlogMe interview, Laurie! I'm so glad you went along with the tag -- I learned something new about you :)(I loves me the big ass animal posts, too...)

Sylvana said...

I loved your greeting card and bumber sticker ideas. A friend of mine and I used to do that all the time.

I have only met one blogger, and she was pretty much what I had thought. We had a blast!

Laurie said...

Donna - You're welcome. It was my pleasure. :)

Sylvana - I need to do some more cards, I think.

Peter said...

Bet you wish you had that Vespa now Laurie Kay Anderson, with the cost of gas going ever upwards.

Unknown said...

Laurie - way off target, but I just read that Dave Navarro and Carmen Elektra just slip up. Phase one of your plan must have worked lol

Laurie said...

Peter - I am starting to consider it again although I drive a Toyota and I live about five minutes from work. It's not really a big issue for me.

Al - Yes! I mean...oh, that's so sad. I hope they can work things out. Plus, he evidently like voluptuous women which is a point in my favor. He told one singer last week to go "eat a sandwich." Hahahahaha! (I also seriously doubt he has age-related issues.)

Dave, here I come.

Lorna said...

"have you evr written anything controversial?" Ha!!!!!!!

Laurie said...

Lorna - I suppose that would be in the eye of the beholder wouldn't it?