Friday, December 03, 2004

Training Day - Part II

The firm fed the hostages a fantastically rich lunch which caused one of my co-workers to fret by e-mail during a break about what she would do if she "had to drop the kids at the pool." This particular co-worker has no children and it was fifty degrees outside so I didn't know what she was talking about and responded to her e-mail with a big "huh?"

She wrote, "You know. Take the brownies out of the oven." I still didn't catch on so she rather bluntly and succinctly wrote, "Take a dump." I, personally, had never heard either of these colorful phrases and wanted to share them with my faithful readers so that you, too, may be equally well informed and able to impress your friends and family with other terms for "backing the big brown cadillac out of the garage."

No comments: