Thursday, December 02, 2004

Congratulations "Mr. Smell Good"

"Mr. Smell Good" made partner at our law firm and tonight the firm hosted a party for him with wonderful wine and champagne and delicious food and cake. Congratulations, you yummy smelling man, you.

Toward the end of the party, people asked me if I would write a blog article about the party but I told them that nothing blogworthy happened. I tried to get "Mr. Excellent Singing Lawyer" to "accidentally" knock over one of the Christmas trees but being so close to bonus time, I couldn't get anyone to create any mischief ala America's Fakiest Home Videos. Everyone was on their best behavior, dammit.

I'm a little tipsy, so that will be all for tonight. Over and out.

1 comment:

Mommy said...

Bonuses. That's the same reason I chickened out of signing the guest book as Phyllis McGinley last night. Poor old Phyllis will just have to make an appearance at another party.