Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Power (or the lack thereof)

Last night, I woke up and looked at the clock and it said 4:32 a.m. Perfect. The alarm wouldn't go off for another thirty minutes and I could stay in bed another hour. I hit the snooze button a lot.

But, when I closed my eyes to go back to sleep, the numbers disappeared before I closed my eyes. However, I was so sleepy, I wasn't sure if the numbers went away or not. So, I opened my eyes again and the numbers were there but when I closed them again, they went away right before I closed them. Or did they? I did that three or four more times blinking and unblinking to the rhythm of the stupid blinking of the stupid clock display which blinks when the power goes off. Evidently, the power had gone off during the night for some reason.

On top of making myself dizzy from all the blinking, the time was actually 6:00 a.m. rather than 4:30 a.m. and I not only had to get out of bed right then, I had to rush.

Stupid power outage. Stupid clock. Stupid 6:00 a.m.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The links might not have worked cos I could have been fiddling with all that stuff at the time. They should work now... at least last time I checked :) Yeah i'm feeling quite good... still sore (I wish I didn't have to say that...wish I could say "i'm painless")

Hope your doing ok