Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I Feel So Betrayed

For weeks now, I've been raving about the new classic rock radio station (97.5 KIOL) out of Houston. Today, they committed an unforgivable sin high on my list of unforgivable things which I consider unforgivable. They hired disc jockeys.

It was bound to happen. The worst part of it is that this morning I did not wake up to Layla or Dark Side of the Moon but to some idiot making stupid jokes and some other idiots laughing at the first idiot's stupid jokes. The idiots in question are Walton and Johnson, whoever the hell they are. Evidently, they're your typical syndicated morning zoo program who lost their Houston audience when K101 changed to a Mexican or Spanish format or some such drama and blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada...SHUT UP AND PLAY SOME DAMN MUSIC! Between 5:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. today, I heard exactly three songs. That's mainly because I kept turning the radio in my office off and on hoping they'd be gone but, alas, they were still there.

Finally, at 10:00 a.m. they were finished with their little (and I mean very little) comedy crap and the rest of the day was just music. I guess they're going to gradually add more disc jockeys which makes me very sad. I knew it was too good to be true. I'm going into my bedroom now to reset my radio clock alarm back to the Spanish rock station. At least I can't understand their stupid jokes.

2 comments:

Zina said...

That's why I don't listen to the radio. We have Kid Kraddick in the morning....He keeps getting fired and someone else rehires him...SHEEESH. Then, there's delilah in the evenings...ARGHHH!

What happened to your gift to yourself of satellite radio? Can't you bring that in the house and back out to the car?

Laurie said...

The satellite radio got put on hold when I had to buy a new camera. As soon as I finish paying off that puppy though, I'm getting the satellite radio.