Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Just Passing Through

I was walking past the cubicle of one of my good friends today and her back was to the door so she didn't see me passing by. She was sitting at her computer, obviously composing a rather sinister e-mail. I could tell it was sinister by the way she was all hunched over her keyboard and snickering in an evil guttural sort of way.

She suddenly whispered to no one in particular, "How do you spell exhume?" Then, there was more evil snickering and frantic typing.

I never did ask her what she was typing. I don't think I want to know.

3 comments:

Lorna said...

I think you got it just a little wrong when you were eavesdropping: I think your co-worker was in league with the devil and channelling Jessica Tandy: " How do you smell, Ex-Hume?" I know it was a stretch, but just the horrible kind of pun my family always holds out.... I should have published as Anonymous.

Zina said...

I just don't think you should disturb those moments of EVIL GENUIS.

Laurie said...

Lorna and Zina - Very funny!!! You guys crack me up.