Saturday, February 05, 2005

Mardi Gras Port Arthur

My sister Bonnie and I went out to Mardi Gras Port Arthur last night. I love going down there because it's like a big class reunion, family reunion, party, street dance, music festival all rolled into one. Today, I'm bringing my 13 year old niece Katie with me and we're going to watch Bonnie march in the parade tonight. Bonnie was drum major of the Red Hussars at Thomas Jefferson High back in the day and they still march in parades.

I'll have more details later.

5 comments:

Donna said...

Damn! That looks like fun! I've always wanted to go to Mardi Gras (maybe when the kid is out of school :< )

cheekdog said...

i'm from biloxi, miss so i'm missing mardi gras right now. was going to have a mardi gras party here but i got sick (a student literally coughed in my face and that was all she wrote). i never even got to order my king cake. WAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! thanks for posting the pics!!!

Laurie said...

Hey Donna! Mardi Gras in Port Arthur is for the kids, too. Maybe next year, if you're in the neighborhood...

Hey Cheekdog! I hate to rub it in but we had several GREAT King Cakes this year. It's still not too late for this year, you know? There are places in New Orleans that will Fed Ex them to you. Do a Google!

cheekdog said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cheekdog said...

i found me! couldn't find where i had posted before. enjoy your king cakes, miss! actually, paul's in slidell will ship king cakes anywhere in the u.s. by ups, overnight, any time of year, including out of season, when nobody else will send me one. so HA!! i'll get one eventually. paul's makes the BEST ever king cakes. here's a link to their site: www.paulspastry.com

enjoy the rest of your season!!