Monday, February 07, 2005

A Few Random Thoughts by Laurie Ransonette Anderson

  • Since I must hit publish each time I create a blog post, would it be lying to put Published Author on my resume?
  • I think there are few times in our lives when we put greater thought into anything than when we are sitting in a theater and trying to pick the exact 3 minutes of the movie we can miss to go pee. (And it's always the wrong 3 minutes.)
  • Leftovers in my refrigerator go through three stages. Stage one is eatable, stage two is questionable, stage three is ignore because I know it has become too disgusting to open but I'm not quite ready to throw it out because I know I'm going to throw it out container and all and I'm not ready to part with the container.
  • My plan to foil telemarketers isn't to be rude or hang up. I keep them on the line as long as I possibly can while I watch television or generally go about my business and give them a couple of uh-huhs and then don't buy whatever they're selling.
  • I feel bad using those return address labels I get in the mail from charities but I use them anyway.
  • Since it's all about me, how could I possibly narrow it down to 100 Things?

1 comment:

Lorna said...

Personally, I think we're all more liable to go to hell for throwing out the containers with the mystery projects---I do it but it's always so traumatic...what if Dave came home and found out that not only can I not manage my kitchen but I clandestinely put in the garbage something I could clandestinely scour and scald and put back in circulation.