Thursday, February 03, 2005

Music Poll

My newest blogging friend, Donna, who used to work on the Tonight Show, by the way, and has some great stories over at her blog, tagged me to do this musically oriented thingy. Here goes:

Music Poll:

1. Song that sounds like happy feels:
I'm Walking on Sunshine

2. Earliest musical memory:
We had these little plastic records of different colors which were mostly Disney and we also had some records that had picture books with them and you would turn the pages as you listened to the records. We had a little portable record player. We were so cool.

My first pop music purchase was a 45 of the Rolling Stones Get Off of My Cloud and I remember singing Beatles songs on the playground in second grade with my friends.

My first musician crush was on Peter Blair Dennis Bernard Noone (Herman's Hermits), then Bobby Sherman, then David Cassidy.

3. Last CD you bought:
I bought four: Cher, Jason Mraz, Coldplay and Maroon 5.

4. Reminds you of school:

Elementary
Beatles (see above)

High School
Allman Brothers

College
I went to college way later, after my divorce. That was the mid-80's and I was frequenting the country bars. So it would have to be George Strait.

5. Total music files on your PC:
I had about 500 music files and accidentally deleted all of them when I got rid of Kazaa. Now I have about 5 but at least I came by them honestly. I paid my $1 per song, by God.

6. Song for listening to repeatedly when depressed:
You can't beat country for that. I'll go with anything Patsy Cline or Hank Williams.

7. Song that sounds British, but isn't:
I'll have to think about this one. Moving on...

8. Song you love, band you hate:
Abracadabra (Steve Miller Band)

9. A favorite song from the past that took ages to track down:
From a Castle Kicker to a Braid Puller to a Heart Breaker (We had a girl band in elementary school and we played this record over and over and memorized every word. I have no idea who sang it and I still haven't found it.)

10. Bought the album for one good song:
Fever In Fever Out (Lucious Jackson)

11. Worst Song to Get Stuck in your Head:
Well, now I have that damn Castle Kicker song in my head so I can't think of anything else.

12. Best song to dump a beer on someone's head to, then storm out of the bar?
Don't Ask Her on A Straight Tequila Night (John Anderson)

13. Who should do this next?
Lorna

Lauren

Astrid

Jen

1 comment:

Donna said...

Hey, Laurie - Great answers!

Thanks for doing this -- and the kind words about my blog.