- The song Superstar (The Carpenters) was playing on my XM.
- Out of the blue, I decided to check out Local Music Guide to see what was going on in Beaumont this weekend.
- I saw that Leon Russell is playing at Cactus Canyon tonight. I thought he was playing 3/9.
- I e-mailed my sister Terry at EXACTLY the same moment she was sending me an e-mail about Leon Russell playing tonight instead of 3/9.
- I sent an e-mail to a friend who replied by saying “Should I know who Leon Russell is?”
- While looking up Leon's bio for my friend who shall remain nameless because he should be embarrassed that he didn't know who Leon Russell is, I found out Leon Russell wrote Superstar.
- Leon Russell has many Beatles connections. See this earlier post and this other earlier post for my other recent weird Beatles coincidences.
So, off I go to see Leon Russell tonight when I thought I was just going to be laying on the couch. How's that for a kick in the head?