10. I fear karmic retribution if I use a sick day when I'm not really sick.
9. Free sodas
8. There are no cute men to look at from inside my house.
7. People to talk to, even if they aren't listening to me.
6. Every couple of weeks, they give me money.
5. I enjoy pilfering the supply closet.
4. Nothing better to do
3. People tell me I smell good or they like my hair or they like my new shirt. It's just not the same when I say it to myself while looking in the mirror.
2. On a good day, it makes me feel smart.
1. On a bad day, it's still better than being stuck at home with a bad case of karmic retribution.
By Laurie Ransonette Anderson (www.missneworleans.blogspot.com)