Friday, February 24, 2006

Nudity at the Dollar General

I abruptly woke up last night at 3:00 a.m. from a dream that wasn't even a nightmare. It involved evacuation and a Frank Lloyd Wright style resort somewhere in east Texas which had a spring fed swimming pool and a softball field next door.

Those of us who evacuated together for Hurricane Rita were there and, for some reason, we were trying to find a guy my sister used to bowl with who was supposedly playing softball at the field beside the resort. Perhaps something frightening happened in the dream that I don't remember because when I woke up, my heart was beating out of my chest and I felt afraid.

Of course, you care nothing about that because you're here to read about the nudity at the Dollar General store, aren't you? That dream came from one of my co-workers. In her dream, she went in the Dollar General stark naked with her hands over her breasts, walked up to one of the workers in the store and said in exasperation, "I just need a toothbrush!"

I guess she only had one dollar.

2 comments:

Neal said...

My dream last night consisted of me finding the Beatles, in their early years, hanging on the edge of a cliff. After helping them up, they took me back to their hotel where they gave me leftover catered food. The food had soured and I started to hallucinate after eating it.

Laurie said...

Neal - That is a wild dream. I love hearing other people's dreams. It seems you've picked up on my Beatles weirdness, too.