In honor of my dys-FUN-ctional family, tonight's quotes are about laughter.
- We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh.
- The more you find out about the world, the more opportunities there are to laugh at it.
- Laughter gives us distance. It allows us to step back from an event, deal with it and then move on.
- Total absence of humor renders life impossible.
- Laughter is by definition healthy.
- The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
e e cummings
- If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old.
Edgar Watson Howe
- Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can.
- You cannot be mad at somebody who makes you laugh - it's as simple as that.
- If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.
- He deserves Paradise who makes his companions laugh.
- One doesn't have a sense of humor. It has you.
- Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine.
- The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.
- He who laughs, lasts.
Mary Pettibone Poole
- You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
- Laughter is inner jogging.
- I was irrevocably betrothed to laughter, the sound of which has always seemed to me to be the most civilised music in the world.
- You can't deny laughter; when it comes, it plops down in your favorite chair and stays as long as it wants.
Stephen King "Hearts in Atlantis"
- Laughter is the closest distance between two people.
- Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
- Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh.
W. H. Auden