Last night I got an e-mail from a guy I don’t know which simply said, “Have you ever eaten the fried chicken at the courthouse?”
Possible Explanations for this E-mail:
- I’ve been spammed. The e-mail is really offering Viagra or Cialis or a cheap mortgage and I just haven't cracked the code, yet.
- The e-mail is the equivalent of an 'Oops, wrong number.'
- The guy works for the health department and is taking a random fried chicken survey.
- He really wants to try the fried chicken at the courthouse but isn’t sure if he wants to make the big commitment to grab that chicken leg before checking with a few Beaumonters.
- He would like to meet me over a plate of fried chicken rather than the usual coffee or drinks. How Southern. I think Scarlett O'Hara would approve.
- He’s an inmate in the jail at the courthouse and he's trying to lure women to the courthouse with the promise of some hot crispy fried chicken.
- He owns the café at the courthouse and is trying to drum up a little business, one e-mail at a time.
- He saw me at Popeye’s scarfing down a 4-Piece Dark Meal with Red Beans and Rice and knows I can eats me some chicken.
- It’s really a Tom Cruise trick and responding to the e-mail will flood my in-box with War of the Worlds, Scientology and Katie Holmes propoganda.
- It’s FINALLY George Clooney looking for some deep fried southern lovin’ from Yours Truly.