Monday, April 07, 2008

Ava's Christening

Ava and Grandma Laurie



Sunday Ava and her cousin Cameron were christened. Ava "sang" and "talked" at all the appropriate times and it was a beautiful ceremony and it was wonderful seeing all of Ava's other grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins who I only get to see on special occasions.

Of course, there were pictures


Jamie, Ava, Cory, Godmother Bonnie, Godfather Chris

Getting christened


Great Grandpa Red, Ava and Great Grandma Ruby




Godfather Chris, Godmother Bonnie and Ava


Ava's pretty gown


Grandma Laurie, Jamie, Ava and Cory


Ava and Great Grandpa Red


The Grand-Fabulous Ava


The Momma and Pappa-razzi

13 comments:

TBM said...

What a special day! I love the first and last two photos especially ;-)

Rebecca Hickman said...

What great pictures! I felt like I was there.

Susan in St. Paul said...

What lovely pictures! Everyone looks great, esp Ava!

Mommy said...

Love it! :)

(I really like Jamie's dress! Where did she get it?!?!)

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Loved the pix, as always; she looks like the daintiest little thing. She's just precious; do I keep saying that?!

Laurie said...

Everybody - Thanks!!!!

(Jen, I'll ask about the dress.)

:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ava is just darling! What a special day.

TexasGal said...

Loved the Mama and Papa-razzi title. LOL! Then I saw all the wide open space in the rest of the picture and immediately got homesick. What a special day for Ava. By any chance is the dress new or has it been in the family? I only ask because I have a picture of my oldest in a Christining gown that was passed down thru her dad's family.

Laurie said...

Leslie - Thanks. :)

Texas Gal - The dress was new, but Jamie's family has a silver bowl that has been used for baptisms for generations that was used for all the baptisms that day.

Grimm said...

That girl certainly likes her photo ops!

Beautiful as always!

Lorna said...

I can't believe that all these wonderful things happened while I was on a break from blogging. Lovely, lovely photos.

Adela said...

Beautiful, all of it. The last pic made me laugh out loud! You have a gift, Laurie!

Laurie said...

Grimm, Lorna and Adela - Thanks! :)