Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Things that make me scream all year...not just on Halloween:

  1. People who walk down the middle of the driveway when I’m trying to drive into the parking lot at my office.
  2. People on the news who say, “This sort of thing just doesn’t happen in this neighborhood” or “We never thought this would happen to us” when something bad happens.
  3. News people who ask, “Did you think this would ever happen to you?”
  4. The way the television news programs give an overly dramatic theme song, title and graphic image to every big news story and then repeat it constantly.
  5. Politicians, in general.
  6. Hillary Clinton, in particular.
  7. People who cut me off then drive 10 miles per hour in front of me.
  8. People who cut me off then drive 10 miles per hour in front of me WHILE TALKING ON A CELL PHONE.
  9. People who won’t get the hell out of my way in the supermarket. The aisles are not 10 feet wide. Stagger your baskets, people!
  10. Running into the same moron on every supermarket aisle who is always standing in front of whatever specific item I need…and I am VERY specific.
  11. Ugly people.
  12. Ugly people don’t really make me scream.
  13. I was just checking to see if you were paying attention.
  14. Messy stapling
  15. About 100 motorcycles trying to merge into traffic as one big group on Interstate 10 near Houston. It was unbelievable. The guy on the first motorcycle simply led the whole group onto the highway from an entrance ramp holding his left arm out as though all 100 of those motorcycles were going to fit into the space between the car in front of him and whatever traffic was coming up behind them. I was in the left-hand lane when they were entering the highway and I kept driving so I have no idea how it all turned out.

4 comments:

Leon said...

i agree with all the "drive" scenarios..
godddddamn..
ubeliavable..
we should have a better system for allowing people to drive...

anywho... :) fun post...
and i WAS paying attention hehe

:) be well

Laurie said...

Leon - Glad you're keeping up. :)

Grimm said...

15 - When you are watching a nice quiet television program and when the commerical comes on it blows your damn speakers out its so loud.

Great List!

Laurie said...

Grimm - I forgot about that one. I also hate messy stapling. I'm adding it now.