Saturday, March 03, 2007

Head Rush

Something happened to me the other day when I was pulling into a parking space at Chula Vista that hasn't happened to me in a long time. As I was pulling into my space, the car right beside me was pulling out. Naturally, I thought my car was still moving so I kept pushing my brake pedal harder and harder until I realized what was happening.

I hate it when that happens. Of course, for someone who has given up drinking for Lent, that's as close as I've been to a head rush in a while.

7 comments:

Steve said...

You went to Chula Vista without getting a mega? Oy, Vey! Come on over to our side. Shalom! --- So. Why did this word verification contain the letters "JUW?"

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

It's 2 a.m., that's my disclaimer for the next statement: Chula Vista...a subdivision of San Diego, and you live in TX? I am confuse-ed...but it's too late to look it all up and clarify, so I'll come back and you;ll have straightened it all out for me...

Signed, Princess Gnightgirl

Laurie said...

Pokerboss - Still no megas. I'm being a good little Catholic this Lent.

GnightGirl - Chula Vista is a mexican restaurant here in Beaumont. :P

Anonymous said...

Laurie, what in the world are you thinking? Giving up drinking for Lent???? YIKES!

Laurie said...

Sophmom - So far, so good! :)

Grimm said...

I do stuff like that on purpose to really mess with Leslie.

Is it a wonder I am so bruised?

Laurie said...

Grimm - For some reason, I'm not surprised.