I have a confession or two to make regarding my Lenten giving-things-up plan. I haven't done as well this year as I did last year. However, last year I gave up one thing and didn't cheat. This year I gave up three things and cheated twice. That's not so bad, is it?
I gave up drinking; but On St. Patrick's Day, I drank ONE Long Island Tea. Hey, if you're going to bust a promise to God, you might as well go big, right? It didn't get me drunk, so I'm not really sure it counts. Actually, I didn't even get a buzz. I also gave up shopping, but I bought this over the weekend along with $50 worth of karaoke CDs.
I still have two weeks of Lent to go and I'm going to muddle through. Here's my shopping list for the first opportunity I have to do some shopping right after I get back from a week at the beach which will, no doubt, include about six weeks worth of alcohol. Hmmm, that's about the length of Lent, isn't it? I guess I didn't buy much Heaven time with this little show of devotion after all.
- Elliott Yamin's new CD
- more karaoke CDs
- Perfume: Escape, Euphoria
- summer clothes
- DVD-R/VHS for my DVR machine
- one of those cool car battery jumpers you plug into your cigarette lighter
- fireproof box (I FINALLY GOT MY PASSPORT!!)
- electric drill/screwdriver (I have some remodeling to do)
- electric toothbrush (mine bit the dust...BIT the dust...get it?)
- charger for my new cell phone (my son gave it to me...I didn't buy it)
- leather case for my new phone
- big ass trip to SAM'S!
- browse my Amazon.com shopping cart and buy more stuff
Come on Easter!