Thursday, April 06, 2006

Update on My Dad

My dad has been referred to St. Luke's Hospital in Houston for a biopsy of the cyst on his pancreas. His gastroenterologist is referring him to St. Luke's because they have a machine that can do the biopsy with a scope inserted through the stomach and no surgery is done unless it is absolutely necessary.

He has been put on the "walk-in" list which means he is not an emergency and they will call him when they have an opening. We thought that was probably a good sign since they aren't treating the cyst as urgent.

12 comments:

cousin susan said...

That is a very good sign if he is a walk in patient. I have Uncle Red in my prayers.

Peter said...

Good luck with the Bio to your Dad Laurie.

Laurie said...

Susan - I heard your dad took a fall. I hope he's okay.

Peter - Thanks. I'll tell him you wish him well. He'll like the fact that he got well wishes from Australia.

Marinade Dave said...

I guess you can breathe a sigh of relief. Please let your father know there are bloggers out there pulling for him.

Laurie said...

Dave - Thanks, I will.

Susan in St. Paul said...

Good Luck with your dad!

The walk-in and non emergency sounds like a good sign to me too.

nikln-never include kisses like nosebleeds

Neal said...

Best of luck to you and your dad.

Laurie said...

Susan and Neal - Thanks! I'll tell him.

Claybob said...

We are glad to hear that about Red, we are thinking and praying for him. Clay,Kelly and Kids

Laurie said...

Clay, Kelly and the kids - I'll tell him. Love you guys!

Vettacini Sheppard said...

Hello New Orleans Lady. Haven't benn able to talk or correspond much lately. I'm sure you've heard, I've stepped off into the twilight zone. On a side note, when you don't live in an apartment complex you can listen to the Black Crowes tribute to Led Zepplin at ear splitting, head banging levels. I am saying a prayer for your Dad. I've passed it on to my new in-laws who are very much into the prayer stuff. Hope you're doing well, and I miss you.
Love, Vettacini

Laurie said...

Davetta!!! - Hello, woman! We miss you, too. I hope you're doing well in your new life. Please send us your new work e-mail ASAP. You've already missed a few good conversations.