Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Unexpected Pleasures of Technology

As I was driving downtown with my sister Bonnie last Friday night (I sure am getting a lot of posts out of that night, aren't I?), I suddenly went, "Ewwww! Oh! Ewwww!! Oh, my!"

Bonnie said, "What? What happened?"

"Ah, hee-hee-hee, it's my phone," I giggled, "I forgot I put it on vibrate and put it in my pocket."

Try as I might, I couldn't get the damn thing out of my pocket and drive at the same time. Bonnie had to reach into my pocket as I continued to drive while lifting my hips off the seat to achieve the proper leg to hip angle for her to be able to extract the still vibrating telephone from my pocket.

She looked at the phone and said, "It's Terry." Terry is our other sister.

I couldn't hear Terry's end of the conversation but I did hear Bonnie say, "I'm digging in your sister's pocket."

When Bonnie hung up the phone after telling Terry we were on our way, I asked, "What did she say when you told her you were digging in my pocket."

Bonnie said, "She said, 'uh...okay...never mind. I don't want to know.'"

2 comments:

TexasGal said...

There are so many thoughts going through my mind..I'll just keep them to myself. :-)

Laurie said...

Texas Gal - That would be best.