Thursday, March 23, 2006

Did I Tell You We Met Steve Buscemi in New Orleans?


Some of you might remember that on our October 2004 New Orleans trip, we saw Juliette Lewis at the Famous Door.

This year, on our last night in New Orleans, the lead singer in the band at the Famous Door announced, "Steve Buscemi is here tonight." He announced it about ten times and I didn't believe him any of the times he said it. As usual, when I see a celebrity in person, I never think it's really them. I've been to Las Vegas about eight times and I've been to New Orleans about fifteen or twenty times. I'm sure I've seen lots of celebrities and maybe even spoke to some of them and never knew it.

My sister, Terry, who isn't the least bit shy about such things went up to Steve Buscemi and started talking to him and swore that it was really him. I snuck a picture of him from my covert position at the end of the stage so I could check it out later. That's the picture below.


After a little forensic dental examination, I compared the teeth on the picture I took of Steve Buscemi to one I found on the web and I would say I'm 99.9% sure that it was actually him.



I suppose this story is a bit anti-climactic for you after my week long blog tease but it was pretty cool for me and, in the end, that's all that matters, isn't it?

5 comments:

Mommy said...

hey, lady, it's your blog!

Jack said...

I guess that beats my Jared (of Subway fame) at the next table at Craftsteak in Vegas story.

Laurie said...

Jen - That would be true.

Jack - Jared's okay but I would have to say my Buscemi trumps your Jared.

Neal said...

I think meeting celebrities is cool unless they don't think it's cool to meet you.

Laurie said...

Neal - My sister said he was a very nice guy. I didn't have the nerve to go up and talk to him. I never want to bother people. My sister, on the other hand, will talk to anyone.