Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Dad

My dad hasn't been feeling well lately and we received results of the CT scan yesterday which showed "a spot on his pancreas." I apologize to all my family and friends who are hearing about this for the first time by reading it here but we just found out yesterday. I assume the next step will be a biopsy but I will keep you posted.

Edited to add:

A lot of people at work have told me of things that it might be that aren't all that serious so that is good to hear.

Here's my piece of morning advice to you: share your thoughts and feelings with your friends. They will always make you feel better.

12 comments:

Mommy said...

My prayers are with your dad and your family, Laurie.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Laurie! I'm so sorry to hear this and you have my thoughts and all the best wishes that this turns out to not be serious and that you and your entire (fun-loving, rockin') family are blessed with love and peace and fine docs during this stressful time.

Laurie said...

Jen and Sophmom - Thanks. That was very nice.

cindybindy said...

Laurie: I will add your dad, you, and your family to my prayer list. Hope all turns out for the best. Cindy

Danno said...

I hope all is well with your Dad Laurie.

Donna said...

Oh gosh, Laurie! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

neil said...

If you are any indication, he seems like a most wonderful dad. Hope that everything works out okay for him.

Laurie said...

Cindy, Danno, Donna and Tanked Up Taco - You're all so nice. Thanks.

Zina said...

Thanks for the email to fill me in. I'm sure Uncle Red will be fine. He's a tough old dog and it will take a lot to slow him down. He's done so much good making people laugh and scaring the crap out of some! LOL!
As always my family is in my prayers. And my friends will add him to theirs as well.

Laurie said...

Zina - Thanks! I'll keep you posted and you take care of yourself, too.

Dave Knechel said...

I sure do hope and pray for the best, Laurie.

Laurie said...

Dave - Thanks, that's nice.