Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dad Update

Dad Update
Dad's scan from yesterday showed an abdomen full of gas. In all the years that dad has been my dad...and that's all of my years...I never thought I'd be happy to hear he has gas. Dad's oncologist is going to get with dad's gastroenterologist to see what they can do about that and about some other issues that I promised dad I wouldn't mention on the blog. Use your imagination. Actually, don't use your imagination. Think flowers and puppies and rainbows. That's better.

Also, they will be giving dad yet another transfusion today to build up his blood and the oncologist was disappointed that the physical therapist hasn't been seeing dad more often. That is one of dad's biggest complaints, too. So, hopefully, dad will be getting more active soon.

Still no word on when they might be going home.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just talked to mom. She says his billi watchamacallit is 0. She also said his kind of down. We might need to look into an Ava drive by.
I told mom and can go up this weekend and play choochoo with dad to build up his legs. I think he would prefer Ava.

Baby sis

Anonymous said...

Billiruben? I never got to meet Billy Ruben, but I know that you don't want him hanging around! Great news. The Ava drive-by might REALLY be what the Dr. ordered. Hugs.

Susan in St. Paul said...

Good news, I say the more PT the better ;-)

0 is a good tbili result, isn't it?

An Ava drive by sounds like just the ticket!

Unknown said...

I'm thinking good thoughts for your dad and your whole family.hallyin

Peter said...

Good to hear that you and Dad are still holding up OK Laurie.

Laurie said...

Thanks, everybody. I'll try to work on the Ava drive-by.