Sunday, August 31, 2008

Texas Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus Emergency Information System

This is a fantastic resource which I only found out about this morning. When we evacuated for Hurricane Rita, we were competing for hotel rooms with the population of the Houston and Galveston area which were also evacuating. All hotel rooms were booked all the way to Dallas.

Click here to see hotel room availability in Texas during emergency situations. I can't vouch for the accuracy, of course, but I'm going to assume it's a good indication of room availability.

Update on our evacuation plans: My mom, dad and sisters and I are staying put. My aunt and cousins in Port Arthur are going to Dallas. I don't know, yet, what my cousins in mid-county are doing. My guess is they won't be evacuating either.

6 comments:

Steve said...

Peg and I are here, too. Call us when the official "Hurricane Party" starts!

Mommy said...

Brian and I are sitting tight at his parents' house. BR is supposed to be a bit better (wind and rain-wise) than Prairieville.

Y'all stay safe and dry! Text you later!

Susan in St. Paul said...

stay safe everyone!

Zina said...

What post did you delete? You've never done that and now I'm curious.

I don't know where Alan and David went. I know Aunt Gladys went to stay with Randy.

So, Terry didn't make it to Glen Rose?

TBM said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone on the Gulf coast.

Laurie said...

Steve - Aw, I slept through the party.

Ms. E - Good luck,little sistah!

Susan - Will do.

Zina - I didn't delete a post, Terry stayed home, not sure about Alan and David either.

Just - So far so good.