Saturday, August 30, 2008

In case you're wondering about my hurricane plans...

My son, daughter-in-law and grand fabulous daughter have evacuated with my daughter-in-law's family to a safe location.

Tomorrow, I'm going to my mom's with my sisters to help her and dad get things off their patio. Mom recently had back surgery, so we're hoping we don't have to evacuate. A mandatory evacuation has been ordered for our county, but we'll see what happens overnight. At least this time, they're letting us use Interstate 10, which should help matters tremendously...I hope.

If we leave, we'll be going to Dallas where we have family and a few hotel rooms booked. I bought a laptop, but updates after Monday night will depend on power and internet connectivity issues.

5 comments:

Susan in St. Paul said...

Fingers crossed!

Mommy said...

Be careful! I hope that it will weaken and y'all won't get it bad and that we here in Louisiana won't get it too bad, either!

Anonymous said...

Stay safe!

Anonymous said...

We booked hotel rooms? Did I miss that...aaagggg

Laurie said...

Susan - Everything crossed.

Ms. E - You, too!

Leslie - Will do.

Baby Sis - Zina is holding some rooms for us.