Saturday, June 14, 2008

Laurie's Craptastic Summer Television Recommendations

As they say, check your local listings...

Sunday on WE - I love watching these psycho bitches.



Monday on MTV - Insane drama club types all living together and cat fighting for the same job.



Tuesday on Fox - This is my first season to watch this one. I didn't think I could handle Gordon Ramsey's yelling...until I "met" the contestants. Ramsey's right. They're all a bunch of donkeys.



Wednesday on SciFi - Still one of my favorites. Did I mention I'm going ghost hunting with these guys in November at The Stanley Hotel in Colorado? Oh, yeah.



Thursday on CBS - I found the first episode a little heavy handed with the '70s music, but the second episode got me hooked. Plus, there's a teenage girl named Laurie who is skinny, has long straight brown hair, is a "brain" and is the same age I was in the years this program is set. That part's a little surreal for me. Then, there's the fabulous Molly Parker who was so magnificent in one of my other favorite programs Deadwood. What's not to like?



Friday on E! - Catch up on all the entertainment crap that happened during the week.



Friday on VH-1 - Catch up on more entertainment crap that happened during the week.



Saturday on Food Network - Alton Brown...food...motorcycles, this show is great. Alton and a small film crew travel the highways to prove there's still "fast" food out there made by real people and not by the same chain restaurants you find in every town.

10 comments:

Gina said...

I am now officially caught up on the Fabulous Ava! She is so cute and congrats on the family moving back!!!! Do you get Gordon Ramsey uncensored? He curses like a merchant marine on one hour shore leave...I LOVE him!

Laurie said...

Jersey - I didn't expect to like Gordon Ramsey, but I do!

Susan in St. Paul said...

You are going to ghost hunt in Colorado in November? Wow! That is so cool!

Remember to bring your long johns ;)

Laurie said...

Susan - Well, I'll ask him, but I don't think he's interested in ghost hunting. ;)

Susan in St. Paul said...

I didn't know he had cloned himself... besides he isn't that long ;-)

Laurie said...

Susan - Six foot is pretty long to me.

Lorna said...

I think I'll stick to BBC Canada and reruns.

Laurie said...

Lorna - Party pooper.

Anonymous said...

Diners Drive-ins and Dives is my favorite. Kinda has a behind the scenes, secret favorite recipe, vibe to it.

Smooth

Laurie said...

Anonymous - I'm not crazy about the Diners Drive-Ins and Dives guy for some reason.