- 21% would like to have Tom Brokaw or Walter Cronkite tell them to, for example, "please rescan your item and put it in the bag."
- 13% would prefer the "Movie Trailer Guy" to ask them to perhaps "scan your Kroger Plus Card now."
- 12% wanted Darth Vader to inquire as to whether or not they "have any coupons or Coin Star."
While I find those choices amusing, it would be much more helpful to me and my pocketbook if...
- after I scanned some potpourri or Hamburger Helper, the voice of my ex-husband would say, "What are you buying that crap for?"
- after I scanned the latest issue of Cosmo, the voice of my grandfather would say, "Lo-Lo, that magazine is just advertise! Look. Advertise. Advertise. Advertise!"
- after I scanned some do-it-yourself home repair gadget, the voice of my son would say, "Mom, put that back! I'll fix it for you."
- after I scanned a couple of fresh steaks, the voice of my dad would say, "Baby, you can save $1 a pound if you buy from the almost expired bin!"
Note: There are other interesting tidbits of information in the survey about impulse buying and the preferred brands purchased by people who use self-checkout. Click on the blog post title or the above link to find out more.