Monday, December 01, 2008

Sock Monkey...Anyone?...Anyone?



Are you looking for a top-quality, hand-made sock monkey for that perfect gift for that perfect sock monkey loving person? Then, you should buy one (or four) from my blogger friend Leslie (in the interest of family harmony, here's a link to her husband Grimm's blog, too) and her three generation team of sock monkey makers. Click here for the sock monkey store.*

Here's a short documentary on the sock monkey making process. I'm completing my Academy Award ballot as we speak.






* Don't buy me a sock monkey. They freak me out.

7 comments:

Grimm said...

Who was that guy with the sexy voice in the video?

They must have paid top dollar for someone so talented!

**cough**

TBM said...

That is an awesome video! I love the monkey swinging from the hula hoop. So cute!

Susan in St. Paul said...

Cool! These are much nicer than the last sock monkey I gave someone which was made out of athletic socks.

Anonymous said...

You are AWESOME! Thank you so much for this post.

I have to admit, I was kind of proud of that video. We had so much fun making it. And the monkey store? I never dreamed we'd sell so many monkeys! Sock monkeys. Who knew?

Laurie said...

Grimm - That sexy voice guy was really amazing! ;)

Just - Wasn't that adorable?

Susan - Ah, lovely pastels are so much better.

Leslie - I hope you get a couple of sales from here. Merry Christmas!!!

Zina said...

Somethings wrong with my computer could not watch video.
Do you remember that we gave grandpa a sock monkey the grey and white one...when he was in the hospital right before he passed away.

Laurie said...

Zina - Maybe that's why I have bad sock monkey memories. Either that or the sewn up mouth.