Thursday, December 04, 2008

Seven Random Things

I've been tagged by Just a Plane Ride Away to tell you seven random things about myself. After you read mine, go write your own.

1. When my daughter-in-law was pregnant with the magical person we now all know as the Grand-Fabulous-Ava, I suddenly started liking all things girly and glittery and pink. I was never like that before. The odd thing was, we didn't know she was a girl until she made her grand entrance into our lives.

2. I would rather blog than read books, which has really put a dent in my book count over the last few years.

3. I love resale shops, but I hate flea markets and garage sales.

4. I'd rather spend money on food, friends and fun than on clothes.

5. I didn't like tomatoes until I was in my 20's and didn't eat broccoli until I was pregnant (25 years old). I drank my first whole beer about two years ago.

6. My first job was in the basket room at the neighborhood swimming pool. I still love the smell of chlorine.

7. When I was 19, I wanted to be a legal secretary, but I wouldn't quit the job at the doctor's office where I worked. Ten years later, I got a divorce and a paralegal degree and finally went to work in a law office and I still love it to this day...twenty-two years later.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Damn. My book reading puts a dent in my blogging and my Scrabble playing puts a dent in my book reading. Can you recommend a lawyer for all these dents?

George said...

I forgot all about basket rooms at pools . . . I can smell the chlorine, too. This is kind of like Polar Express and hearing the sleigh bells, isn't it?

Grimm said...

I love garage sales - I just never have the cash to go to them.

Now that I mention it...I don't have the money for anything anymore.

Bee said...

Food, friends and fun! Definitely!! (I really like the smell of chlorine, too. Memories of a Texas childhood?)

TBM said...

Yay, Laurie!! Thanks for playing along :-)

BTW, Mama DJ told me that she apologizes profusely to you about not following through on the Marmite delivery. She found your bottle of the "good stuff" after Ike. It was in the toppled over refrigerator!

Laurie said...

Comfort Addict - Hello! Long time no hear. Regarding the lawyer, I'll ask around. I'm sure there's a tort somewhere that covers your exact dilemma. :)

George - I have got to watch Polar Express.

Grimm - I bought a sock monkey. Does that help?

Bee - Nothing in the world like a Texas childhood!

Just - Oh, my! Please, please, please tell Mama DJ no apologies are necessary. I wonder if Hurricane Ike drew a bead on that refrigerator trying to smite the Marmite.

Susan in St. Paul said...

You are too like me sometimes Laurie!

Y- I will do it the meme, as soon as I recover from the seemingly never ending window and door installation. Going on Day 5 here, was supposed to be done in 1/2 day on the 4th. I will also post photos.

Good to hear the sock has been vindicated, lol!

Shopping at resale shops with Laurie is fun!

Laurie said...

Susan - What a mess!