- It's always too damn cold.
- Have to get up too damn early.
- Deer stands are too damn high in the air.
- Duck blinds are IN the water and usually infested with red ants, nutria rats and snakes.
- It's too damn boring.
- There are no people.
- There are no bars.
- There are no restaurants.
- There are no casinos.
- The goal is to kill things.
- Wildlife, in general, freaks me out.
- Guns freak me out.
Did you know what the picture above was? It's a deer feeder. It's not only a deer feeder, it's an automated deer feeder. Several years ago, I heard some guys talking about their deer feeders.
"Wait a minute," I said. "Let me get this straight. You feed the deer all year long. Then you go out there during hunting season, after the poor momma deer and daddy deer and baby deer have been eating your corn or whatever all year, and then you shoot them?"
Not very sportsmanlike, if you ask me. That would be like a tribe of cannibals running the Golden Corral.