Thursday, October 20, 2005

Astros Weirdness

The Astros are going to the World Series which is fan-tab-u-lous. However, since I'm not much of a sports fan, and wouldn't want to give anyone the false impression that I am, this post will be about the stories regarding Rogers Clemens' conversation with his mom before she died.

As you've probably already heard, Roger Clemens pitched on the day his mom died (Houston Chronicle, ESPN, MSNBC). I couldn't find mention of it anywhere in these articles, but the next day, everyone was talking about how Roger Clemens' mom had accurately predicted the score of the game. The Astros won the game 10 - 2 which was the score his mom had allegedly predicted. It looked like the game was going to end at 10 - 1 when the Astros made an error in the bottom of the ninth inning making the score 10 - 2. As I said, I can't verify it through any of my online searches. However, I distinctly remember people talking about it at work the next day.

Although that was strange on its own, as you can see in the above linked articles, she also asked if the Astros had made the playoffs, yet, and more than once mentioned Shoeless Joe Jackson. As everyone knows, even me, Shoeless Joe Jackson played for the Chicago White Sox which is the team the Astros will be beating...um...playing in the World Series.

2 comments:

Larry Jones said...

Don't try to make another Freaky Fortune Cookie out of this. The poor old lady was just raving

My word verification challenge for this: rbpkpfju. WTF?!

Laurie said...

Larry - But, Larry, it's what I do.