Tuesday, November 03, 2009

I have a cold...and a plan.

I have a cold in my nose. It's just starting, so I'm not too snotty, yet. I'm in the early stage where the eyes feel warm and the head feels fuzzy and the body yearns for something soft and cushiony.

The Plan

5:00 p.m. - Leave work.

5:07 p.m. - Enter Kroger.

5:29 p.m. - Leave Kroger.

5:35 p.m. - Enter garage.

5:38 p.m. - Put away groceries.

5:41 p.m. - Go upstairs, put on pajamas, wash face.

5:48 p.m. - Go back downstairs, lay on couch, insert arms into Snuggie.

5:49 p.m. - Sleep

No Facebook. No Farmtown. No blog post.

Wait.

This is your blog post.

Enjoy.

8 comments:

1954 Cajun said...

Hope you are feeling better today, the latest immune booster is apparently olive leaf extract. I haven't heard the name "Kroger" in a while, it made me think of "Henke & Pillot"sp?. Remember them down the strip from Weiner's?

Laurie said...

Henke & Pilot was across the street from St. Mary Hospital. Weingarten's was down the strip from Weiner's. It was the same strip as TG&Y. There's an "Old Port Arthur" group on the TJ Alumni site. Check it out! It will blow your mind.

Lorna said...

Genius plan.

Simple yet elegant.

Anonymous said...

You have a Snuggie????? Is it the zebra one?
EEB

Laurie said...

Lorna, I am nothing if not simple and elegant.

EEB, heck yeah! My mom bought me a lovely pink one. I freaking love it.

1954 Cajun said...

Laurie, I wrote a long memoir on the alumni page you recommended. It's your fault.

Grimm said...

So, I am curious - did you take anything for your cold? I personally love DayQuil Cold & Flu.

Not only does in clear you up well - it gives you a nice little buzz to boot.

Laurie said...

Grimm - Dayquil Cold & Flu! That's exactly what I took. It's a miracle little drug.