Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ike...I No Like

It occurs to me that some might be curious about our hurricane plans. We were just alerted that the storm surge could possibly overtop the levee system in Port Arthur. We should be fine here in Beaumont (we're riding out the storm at my mom's house), but I have lots of friends and family in Port Arthur and the mid-county area who will probably get water in their homes.

Cory and Jamie are headed back to Alexandria, since we're possibly going to be without power for a week or so. The Grand-Fabulous Ava needs her air conditioned comfort.

14 comments:

TBM said...

Will be thinking of y'all this weekend. Stay safe!

Susan in St. Paul said...

No one likes Ike!

Glad Ava will have AC, I hope it doesn't get too hot there while you are without power.

Thinking of you guys!

Anonymous said...

Very. Scary. Ike. Be safe, darlin'. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

PBS said...

Hope all stay safe in Beaumont and Port Arthur and the entire "projected" area

LoryKC said...

Stay safe! I grew up in Florida, went to college in New Orleans...I know the drill and that you just never know!
My hubbie's brother and family live in Beaumont so I'm glad to know it's not projected to a be a direct hit!
Take care! Hopefully Ike will take a hike and you can enjoy a hurricane with ice and plenty of rum!

Lorna said...

Please take care of yourself and your loved ones. You'll all be in my thoughts.

George said...

Post soon so we'll know you're okay.

Carol Davidson said...

Thinking of you.

Peter said...

Hope everything turned out OK in your area Laurie, thinking of you.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

I saw by the news that things didn't go all that well in Beaumont. Sorry if you're troubled, young lady.

Anonymous said...

Yeah. What Snake said. Hope y'all're alright. :/

Mommy said...

An update: Laurie is fine! Houses and family are OK. Hopefully she'll be back online in the next few days to give the run-down to everyone!

Peace.

Susan in St. Paul said...

Thanks Ms E! Glad to hear it

Laurie said...

Everybody - Thanks everybody! Glad to be back.