Sunday, April 25, 2010

This and That

I'm going to be a grandma again and this time it's a boy!  He's due the last week in September.

I hate it when I forget to take Kleenex out of my pants pocket before I wash them and then have Kleenex scraps all over my newly washed clothes, yet damned if I don't do it every week.

Most intriguing Facebook status update by one of my friends this week:  "Anyone find a pair of brown flip flops at the theatre??"

I yelled "F*ck you!" at the yoga instructor on my Wii one day this week.

When I tell somebody about a new program I like on television and they ask me when it comes on, I say, "I don't know.  It appears in my DVR and I watch it."  I have no idea when or where most of my favorite programs come on.

I think covering perfectly good strawberries in chocolate or wrapping delicious shrimp in bacon is a sinful waste of chocolate, bacon, shrimp and strawberries.

I don't understand why people name a baby and then call it something else.  "Let's name her Margaret Elizabeth and call her Lizzie."  WTF?  Just name the kid Lizzie.

I finally watched Twilight and enjoyed the movie much more than the book, which never happens for me.  Also, Kristen Stewart is annoying as hell every time I see her on television, but I was pleasantly surprised at her acting ability.

My new favorite television program is "Justified" (on FX Tuesdays at 10...I had to look that up).  I'm still in mourning over the abrupt cancellation of Deadwood and this brilliant program with the amazing Tim Olyphant has filled that previously unfillable void nicely.

1 comment:

Grimm said...

Looks like you won't be the only one expecting something in late September - turns out that is when Leslie is due with our third.

You should have heard the profanity laced tirades toward Jillian Michaels while trying to do her 30-day shred.

I do not think the wife and I have ever watched a show "live" in the last 5 years.