Wednesday, November 19, 2008

That Was Inappropriate

Another delay in the vacation posts...

Today, I walked out into the hall on my way to the restroom and there was a construction guy drinking out of the recessed water fountain. As he finished drinking, he stood up and bumped his head. Hard.

Unable to contain myself and with total disregard for his probable embarrassment, I asked, "Did you just bump your head?"

Shocked that I said anything, he shyly looked at me and said, "Yeah."

I laughed inappropriately and said, "Sorry. It's not funny, but it sort of is."

Then, I laughed some more.

Humiliation is funny.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have laughed, too.

Laurie said...

Leslie - I knew we were kindred spirits.

Grimm said...

Inappropriate yes, but funny as hell.

Laurie said...

Grimm - You and Leslie and I were definitely separated at birth.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Har, I'm laughing. I went to one of those "discount" grocery stores tonight: they don't give you shopping bags, and they take your shopping cart to put the next person's groceries in... This poor Asian girl somehow lost her shopping cart, and was trying to carry her own groceries to the "bagging area," with no kart. She kept dropping everything, her groceries were rolling around, she was caught up in her backpack.

Most amusing was the checkout woman, who broke into hysterics every time the girl dropped another item. A can of soup rolled away, and the clerk had a near-breakdown at her misfortune.

I was more amused by the clerk than the girl with her arms overloaded.

Laurie said...

Gnight Girl - Oh, wow! A perpetual motion embarrassing disaster. I would have had a very hard time pretending to not be amused.