Sunday, February 06, 2011

This and That

***

It's finally 65 degrees outside.  The heater has quit running constantly so I can breathe again through my gratefully lubricated sinuses and my joints have begun to unthaw.  Oh, happy day.

***

My friend posted pictures this week of her twin toddlers in their pajamas playing games and eating lunch and watching television.  She titled the photo album "Pajama Day."  Genius!  On days when I have nowhere to be, I always promise myself that I'll be out of my pajamas by noon.  Eventually, that becomes, "Maybe, I'll take a shower before I go to bed."  From this day forward, I shall title such days "Pajama Day."  Then, when I'm still in my pajamas at 6:00 p.m., I can proudly announce, "Mission accomplished!"

***


Every month, my Thomas Jefferson Port Arthur Class of '74 meet for lunch.  Sometimes we have four or five people and sometimes...on magical days...when people have cabin fever from being cooped up for days due to cold, icy weather...we have forty attendees.  See above.  We also had a contingency in Dallas who we conferenced with via Skype.  Pretty cool for a bunch of old people.

We're not as young as we used to be, but we're younger than we'll be ten years from now.  My message to all my classmates is that ten or fifteen years from now, we're going to look back at these pictures and rave about how "young" we looked.  So, my loves, lets celebrate our youth!  Such as it is.

***

1 comment:

Lorna said...

"ten years from now" is starting to be my least favourite phrase.