Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Stairway to Heaven...or is it?


At this time last year, I was taking safety courses in anticipation of my misguided attempt to work for a contractor inside a refinery.  Even though I was only going to be working inside a condemned trailer doing data entry, I still had to be safety certified.  The classes and testing lasted longer than my entire refinery working experience. 

Part of the safety orientation involved heights.  It didn't matter that I was never going to be higher than my 5 foot 4 inch height.  I still had to take the class and the test if I was going to be working inside the plant. 

I do not like heights.  That's putting it mildly.  I hate heights.  Worse than my fear of heights is my fear of falling off of heights.

I can promise you with every fiber of my being that I will never, never, never do this...

4 comments:

Lorna said...

Gack!!!!! couldn't watch that video even though the guy had such a pleasant voice.

I didn't know you were so tall.

se7en said...

That's insane, I got a bit of vertigo just watching that, lol.

You wouldn't do it for a million bucks?? heheh

Evil Se7en

Laurie said...

Lorna, I need to measure. I think I shrunk. I used to be 5' 4" though.

se7en, no sir, I would not do it for a million bucks. I wouldn't do it for a trillion bucks. Seriously. Wouldn't do it.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Just watched this, and almost fell out of my chair. One of Brian's friends does this, posts pix of himself on these towers. I get woozy every time I see one.